Saturday, July 15, 2006

Daily Dust :: Southern Namibia


I just can’t BEGIN to tell you how inspired I feel. I think I’ve found the perfect solution to our landscaping needs. Forget all those hi-tech gizmos and bio-engineered whatsits. And don’t bother with fussy foreign cultivars or fashionable topiary frou-frou. We have to get back to basics. To what suits the environment and our life-styles. I’m thinking dead trees and saltpan crackle on a bed of sand.

As you can see, it is perfect. Mike aka SqueakyMarmot went to Namibia earlier this year and came back with a wealth of elegant style suggestions that I plan to whole-heartedly apply to MoD surrounds.

I HAD to include another below, but you should see the entire sequence on his Namibia set >>

Both pictures: Dead acacia trees at Dead Vlei pan in Sossusvlei, Namibia.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

3:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home